Wakefield and Districts Health Trust is the successor to the Wakefield and Districts Community Health Centre Incorporated, established in the 1980’s to build a medical centre to ensure that residents from Wakefield and the surrounding district would always have local medical services.
The Wakefield and Districts Health Trust was established to be beneficial to the Wakefield and districts community by:
- Primarily, but not solely, maintaining a building adequate for the provision of medical services to, and for the benefit of, the community;
- Providing or otherwise facilitating the enhancement of medical and health‐related services to, and for the benefit of, the community;
- Providing the community with access to medical providers and service outside of the Wakefield and Districts community; and
- Generally enhancing the health and wellbeing of the community
This is the organisation that in the last 18 months has been involved in the purchase and installation of more than ten AED defibrillators around our community. [For a full list of locations, check out the Community Directory in the Window on Wakefield].
We are now seeking expressions of interest for Trustees to join our governance board.
We are looking for a new Trustee who can complement and work with our existing Board to make enabling decisions for the organisation. We want individuals who can support and are committed to helping us achieve our objectives. Applicants must reside in Wakefield or surrounding districts and be prepared to attend a minimum of six meetings per year.
IDEAL APPLICANT DESCRIPTION
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the governance and oversight of the management of Trust. Board members should demonstrate some or all of the following attributes:
- A good knowledge of the Wakefield and districts area and an interest in health‐related matters.
- An ability to contribute to meetings in a fair, balanced and considered fashion.
- An ability to present and convey information in a straightforward fashion.
- An ability to evaluate reports, assess data and to enquire when further information is needed.
- Governance experience.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills.
- Knowledge of financial statements and balance sheets.
- An understanding of strategic planning processes.
- Prior charitable experience an advantage.
Please contact the Trust Secretary at [email protected] to request the Expression of Interest form and job description. Please complete the Expression of Interest form and return via email with your curriculum vitae and a brief covering letter to:
Wakefield & Districts Health Trust [email protected]
All expressions of interest must be received by 5pm Friday 14th June 2019.